Onsite Audiometric Testing
As an approved WorkCover WA service provider Environmental Site Services can ensure your company complies with the Australian Standard 1269.4 (AS 1269.4) by conducting onsite hearing screenings of your employees in our approved mobile air-conditioned, sound-proof booth.
An individual hearing screening will provide the following:
- Ascertain each employees hearing health including percentage loss in each ear
- Educate each individual on the importance of hearing protection, including correct application and maintenance of hearing protection worn
- Provide management with detailed results including individual graphs and report cards disclosing comparisons and threshold changes
- Provide further reports and charts relative to Australian Standards and database recording for management
- We can even record previous years screening results in our database to complete your noise management program
Hearing screening is a sure method to early detection of hearing loss due to exposure to excessive noise. The Standard recommends annual screening compliance, with most companies conducting on an annual or bi-annual basis to better manage their risk of Noise Induced Hearing Loss and potential workers compensation claims.
All new employees in a noisy workplace must have a baseline hearing test within 12 months of commencing employment – The baseline test or initial screening is the basis of attaining your employees hearing health followed by routine testing to monitor.
Our further onsite capabilities include:
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Preliminary noise surveys
- Equipment noise compliance testing
- Audiometric booth calibration
- Workplace noise management plans to meet specific site requirements
- Provision of “Tool Box” presentations on proper use of hearing protectors
- Provision or Department of Mines and Petroleum Noise Officers for mine sites
- Information on “Buy Quiet”
- Development of a Noise Policy for your site